Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
- James Dean
- Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
- Wayne Dyer
- Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.
- Lou Holtz
You learn as much from those who have failed as from those who have succeeded.
- Michael Johnson
He who asks a question may be a fool for five minutes, but he who never asks a question remains a fool forever. - Tom Connelly
It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sometimes the sanest thing to do is just wallow in the misery for a while. Then climb out, grab a towel, dry off, and go about living.
- Kevin D. Weeks
There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death. - Nelson Mandela
There is always room for improvement. It's the biggest room in the house.
- Louise Heath Leber
If you have a purpose in which you can believe, there's no end to the amount of things you can accomplish.
- Marian Anderson
If you want to win over temptation, you have to heal your relationship with yourself.
In order to fight the bad outside you, you’ve got to be friend with the good in you. - Bo Sanchez
Trials are like washing machines. They twist us, spin us, and knock us but in the end we become cleaner, brighter and better than before. - SMS from Mother Adi
- Always question. Find the truth for yourself. Don't be led like sheep into mindless stupidity. - Margaret Kenney
- First keep peace with yourself, then you can also bring peace to others. - Thomas Kempis
- When in pain, you should not ask, "Why me?". Instead, look at the cross and ask, "Why Him?"
- The only person standing in your way is you. It's time to let her go. Lose yourself. - From the movie Black Swan
- Surely the worst person on earth must be good for something. - Hillario S. Francia
- Love is not something to be organized. It is a gift given in freedom. Like God's grace, it flows out freely to both good and bad. - SMS from Grace
The larger our faith, the smaller our fears; The greater our trust, the lesser our doubts; The deeper our love, the more peaceful we live. - SMS from Bruce
- Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun and one's feet moving forward. - Nelson Mandela
- Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. - Dalai Lama
- Life is like a landscape; You live in the midst of it but you can only see the whole picture from a distance. - Delmer
- For everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled and he who humbles himself shall be exalted. - Luke 14:11 of the Christian Bible
- I will speak ill of no man and speak all the good I know of everybody. - Benjamin Franklin
- Love...if you have it, you have everything. If you don't have it, it does not matter much what you have.
Ang walang laman na latang gumugulong ay napakaingay. (A rolling empty can is very noisy.) - A Fililpino proverb.
- Our destiny is decided not by what happens to us or around us but by how we respond to events and circumstances as we meet them.
Good friends are like stars; You may not see them but you know they are always there. - SMS message
Don't wait for the last judgment. It takes place every day.
- Albert Camus(1913-1960) Algerian-French Novelist, Essayist, Playwright
Let us be thankful, not only for the things that we have received, but also for the things we have been spared of.
That which is real to the masses is illusion to the sage. - An Indian proverb
Remember the past and it will guide your future. - Chan Kuo Tse
Ang prutas na hinog sa pilit, kung kainin ay mapait. (A fruit that is forced to ripen tastes bitter.) - A Filipino proverb
The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivous to the rose. - Kahlil Gibran
Ang tunay na kaibigan nakikilala sa oras ng kagipitan. (It is in crisis when true friends are known.) - A Filipino proverb
- The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything...or nothing.
- Lady Astor, the first woman MP in the British House of Commons
- No Matter what you've done for your self or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given the love and attention to your own family, what have you accomplished?
- Lee Iacocca, former CEO of Ford Motor Co.
- Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments. - Rose Kennedy
- What does a man gains when he tells a lie? He is not believed when he tells the truth. - Aristotle
- Olives are crushed to make the best oil. Grapes are squeezed to make the best wine. Roses are pressed to make the best perfume. If you think you are crushed, squeezed, or pressed by life's trials and challenges, it could be that God is bringing out the best in you! (SMS message)
- The optimist sees opportunity in a calamity; the pessimist sees a calamity in an opportunity. - Anonymous
- Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. - Maria Robinson
- Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forward. - Soren Kierkegaard
The remedy of sadness is the sight of a friend. - C. Torrenueva
Our generation today has destroyed the Christian values :
CHARITY is now a sweepstakes.
HOPE is now a cigarette.
GRACE is now a G.R.O.
HEAVEN is now a motel.
and worse, TRUST is now a condom!
- Growing old in inevitable; Growing up is optional.
- I may disapprove of what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it. - Francis Voltaire
- It is much better to be kind than to be right.
- When angry, count ten before you speak. If very angry, count a hundred. - Thomas Jefferson
A little learning is a dangerous thing.
Trials are not the reasons to give up but a challenge to improve ourselves. Our pain is not an excuse to back out but an inspiration to move on.
If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of itself. - D. L. Moody
Life's moments have no value unless shared. - Mother Adi
More words of wisdom here