Urdaneta City is located along the Maharlika Highway in east-central Pangasinan, 26 kilometers
east of Dagupan City and 186 km from Manila. Aside from being a transportation hub of eastern pangasinan, the city is also
the gateway to the Ilocos and Cordillera Regions. This strategic location makes it a convenient meeting place of traders.
Hence, the city became a "bagsakan center" of agricultural products from the different towns of Pangasinan and the
northern provinces including Baguio City.
The city is bounded on the north by the town of Binalonan, on the east by Asingan, on the south by Villasis,
and on the west by Sta. Barbara. Much of the city's area of 100 square kilometers is rural and the main economic activity is agriculture. Main farm products
are rice, corn, mango, and vegetables.
Ilocanos make up the majority of the population while the minority are the Pangasinense, Tagalogs, and a few
migrants from other cultural groups.
Businesses to be established should take advantage of the city's location and agricultural economy. Being
the trading center of agricultural products, a modern cold storage complex should be put up. Agro-industrial plants such
as the following are recommended:
- Meat processing
- corn milling and processing to produce corn oil and starch or canned sweet corn
- fruit processing to produce mango puree or preserve
- production of mushroom and mushroom canning
- production of canned tomatoes, papaya, pineapple, pork and beans
- feed milling and fertilizer production
- Essential oil production
- Manufacture of farm implements
Other industries with potential for development in the city are
Places of Interest
- tourism-related establishments
- real estate particularly housing
- bicycle manufacturing
- consumer chemicals such as personal care products and detergents
Back to top
Visit also : Alaminos City, Dagupan City, San Carlos City