Located at the western coast of the island province of Bohol, Tagbilaran City is bounded on the north by
Maribojoc Bay and Cortes town, on the east by Corella, on the souh by Baclayon, and on the west by Tagbilaran Strait. The city
is about 630 kilometers southeast of Manila and about 72 kilometers southwest of Cebu City.
It has a total land area of 30.3 square kilometers which is slighly bigger than Manila's 25 sq. km. area but very small
compared to Cebu's 315 sq. km. area. Most of the city's barangays are still considered rural.
Aside from being the seat of the provincial government, Tagbilaran City is also the gateway to the province
and to the island of Panglao, considered as a rival to Boracay Island as a popular tourist destination. It has an
airport and a seaport serving inter-island shipping. Two bridges connect the city to the island of Panglao.
Many of the city's population are subsistence farmers and fishermen. Main farm products are rootcrops and vegetables. Fruit trees
anr mostly within the residential lots of the owner. Commercial livestock and poultry are a lucrative business and a modern slaughter house
is under construction. Rice and corn production are limited to a few hectares of land.
Shopping and Leisure
Alturas Supermarket is one of the largest in the Philippines being in the top 1,000 list of corporations.
Other malls in Tagbilaran include Island City Mall, Bohol Quality Mall, Plaza Marcela, and Shopper's mart. Public Markets
include Agora, Cogon, and Central Market.
Tagbilaran has the potential to become an economic hub in central Philippines. Some of the businesses that
can be establish in the city are:
- hotels, resorts and amusement parks
- industrial estates
- medium-size commercial complexes
- demonstration farms
- food establishments
- commercial poultry and hog raising
- production of dairy products
- food processing such as meat packing, curing, and canning and processing of fruits and vegetables
- fish canning and deboning
- consumer chemicals such as detergents and personal care prodicts
- essential oil and fragrances
- furniture and fixture
- electronics and electrical appliances
- technology-related ventures like business process outsourcing, graphic design, and software development
- financial services
Places of Interest / Tourist Attractions in Tagbilaran City
- Rizal Plaza
- President Garcia Memorial Park
- Cainget Beach Resort
Back to top