Awarded as the most business friendly city in Mindanao, Koronadal City is located on the northern
part of South Cotabato province in Southern Mindanao. It is the seat of the provincial
government of South Cotabato and one of only two cities of the province. The other is General Santos City.
The city is bounded on the northwest by the town of Tantangan, on the northeast by Lutayan, Sultan Kudarat,
on the southeast by Tampakan town, and on the southwest by Banga town. The city is situated on the southern part of
the great plain of Central Mindanao. Mountain ranges however, defined the city's terrain in the east and in the
Executive Order no. 304 made Koronadal City the regional center of Region 12.
It is accessible by air and by sea via General Santos City which is only an hour-drive away. It is traversed by the
Maharlika Highway which is the main access road to this city. Travelling from Davao City
via Gensan is about four hours but via Makilala town of North Cotabato is three to four
hours. Coming from Cotabato City takes around two to three hours.
Hiligaynon is the dialect of the majority of the people. Other dialects spoken are Cebuano, Ilocano, and Maguindanao.
English and Tagalog are widely used in schools, business and government offices.
Agriculture is the main engine of the city's economy. Primary products are rice, corn, coconut, and palm oil.
Aquaculture is an alternative source of income and several residents are fishpond operators. Industries include woodcrafts,
metalworks and farm implements.
located amidst a wide expanse of agricultural fields coupled with its proximity to the markets
of General Santos City and neighboring towns, this city is an ideal location for businesses ranging from small to
large enterprises. It is a good location for a provincial or regional branch. Investing in real estate business
maybe a good deal particularly medium-size sudivisions, commercial complexes, and industrial zones.
Tourism-related ventures such as hotel and golf course are good bets considering its
proximity to the tourism spots of nearby provinces.
The following micro and small businesses are suggested:
- Commercial seed production and demonstration farm
- Commercial poultry and hog raising
- making glutinous rice powder
- Meat processing to produce hotdog, longganiza, tocino, ham, etc.
- Production of vinegar, soy sauce, patis, mayonnaise, catsup, fruit juice, and peanut butter
- Essential oil and perfumes
- Herbal supplements, malunggay powder, and squash flour
- Soap and personal care such as lotion, shampoo, and facial creams
The following medium to large enterprises are recommended considering the raw materials available and their
domestic as well as export market potential:
- Feed milling and agro-chemicals such as fertilizer
- Production of corn and cassava starch
- Dairy farming and processing
- Sweet corn Canning
- Furniture and home decors using modern design techniques
- Footwear and fashion accessories
- Textile and clothing like knitted fabrics and artifacts
- Meat packing and canning
- Cold storage plant
- Metal foundry
- Farm implements
Places of Interest / Tourist Attractions in Koronadal City
- Agua Frio Garden Resort
- Del Rio Splash Resort
- Supon Falls
- Millenium Falls
- South Cotabato City Museum
Back to top